Through the power of relativity, a million-year picnic may pass in an hour.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Step One

How to be a messianic figure in 3 easy steps:
1. Don't die.
2. Don't profess to be any sort of messiah.
3. Fulfill prophecies.
Or so seemed to be the general sort of conclusionary-ish idea we reached. I think essentially that under some definitions Paul could be a messiah, but not under others. Paul is the messiah equivalent of the tomato. A mere religious/political leader by some definitions, a prophesized super human being by others. It all depends on how you look at it. Considering we were looking at it according to a historically and partially religiously based perspective, I think we can conclude that by those standards Paul was a messiah of one breed or another.
The fact that the word play used by Weber crosses the language barrier delighted me. Those are rare occasions, and fortunately this allowed us non-German speaking students to appreciate the intelligence Weber displayed in how he approached his assignment.
As for our note-taking experiment in student labour...no, I jest. As I already stated in class, I take those sort of notes for every class, and I would personally enjoy seeing the diverse interpretations each person pulled from our discussions.

No comments: